With the holiday season upon us, many will take to the air to visit family or just get away from all the hustle and bustle. Here are a few tips to make your air travel less stressful.
- Leave for the airport early, really early. Don’t take the chance of getting stuck in holiday traffic on the road. Airports are busier now, so allow extra time to check in. When it comes to the airport “hurry up and wait” is a good rule to follow.
- Luggage – when it comes to luggage there are a few things to consider.
- Don’t check a bag. This makes the entire process at the airport quicker and easier.
- Don’t carry on everything AND the kitchen sink. If you have too much to carry on, then DO check a bag and carry less with you.
- Don’t carry on packages that have already been wrapped. These are best in your checked luggage. They may need additional screening if carried on and this may result in having to unwrap them.
- Eat before you fly or take something with you. These days it’s not a good idea to rely upon the airline to feed you.
- Load up your Kindle, Nook, IPod or device of your choice to keep yourself entertained in flight.
- Relax and enjoy your family, friends or holiday destination!